DIY Finger Knitting and Finger Knitting Projects. Direct links and Tutorials:
- How to Knit with Fingers: Little Bird School School of Stitchcraft here.
- How to Knit with Fingers: flax & twine here.
- DIY Woven Finger Knitting Hula Hoop Rug (flax & Twine) here.
- DIY Finger Kniting Scarf (Dana’s Fashion Blog) here.
- DIY Finger Knitting Jersey Knit Bracelets (V and Co.) here.
- DIY Finger Knitting Felted Scarf (BurdaStyle) here.
Last night, we had a big art party called the “Cuenca Art Project.” A bunch of our friends hung up their work, others sang and played music, there was improv, and lastly, I made food for 45 people. Everyone paid $3, which was probably too little, but I didn’t want to ask for much on our tiny teacher salaries. Because of the financial limits, planning the menu was pretty difficult and required a lot of creativity. I was looking for recipes that were cheap but delicious, and most importantly, were unlike the traditional food we eat here that we are all somewhat sick of after 8 months. So I came up with these potatoes, which cost less than $2. All you need is a pound of potatoes and whatever yummy fresh herbs you have around.
- 1 lb. of small potatoes (the smaller the better, you want them to be bite size)
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Handful of minced herbs of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes and rest of ingredients so that all sides of the potatoes are coated with mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and cook until golden brown, around 30 minutes or more.
- Add more salt if needed. Serve with your favorite dip. I used blue cheese dressing.
Easy sweet potato veggie burgers.
Get in ma belly.